Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a member of LHCA?
Simply by attending a meeting! Once you've attended a meeting, your name will be added to the mailing list for future meetings. If you do not attend a meeting for two years, your name will be removed from the list.
Are there membership dues?
There are no membership dues, but a registration fee is charged for each attendee to cover meeting expenses. Each host company sets the registration fee amount for their meeting.
When are meetings held?
Meetings are generally held twice a year, in the Spring and Fall, hosted by volunteer member companies. To find out when the next meeting will be held, click here.
What is the format of the meetings?
The format is primarily question and answer, although some host companies may also include presentations on given hot topics. Attendees are asked to submit their compliance questions in advance of the meeting. These questions are reviewed for anti-trust purposes prior to the meeting. There is no discussion of rates, commissions, concentrated efforts or lobbying. The subject is strictly compliance. To submit a question for the next meeting, click here.
How can I obtain answers to questions discussed at a meeting?
You must attend the meeting in person. Answers to questions discussed at a meeting are not recorded or reproduced.
Are there other benefits that I would receive by attending a meeting?
A volunteer committee keeps various compilations and state surveys up to date for the benefit of association members. These compilations are updated prior to each meeting. You will also have access to the LHCA Question and Answer Forum. The forum has been set up to allow LHCA members to post questions and answers to compliance issues any time of the year.
How can I access the compilation "handouts" and Question and Answer Forum?
The compilations and Q&A Forum are available to association members only. When you attend a meeting you will receive a user id and password to access the "Members Only" area of the website. If you are member (you've attended at least one meeting during the past 2 years) then you are eligible to access the compilations and Q&A Forum. If you are a member, but do not know your user id and password, click here.
What are the advantages to using the LHCA Q&A Forum versus an "e-mail group"?
- Efficiency - You will no longer be inundated with e-mails on subjects you don't care about!
- Control - You can choose which categories and/or questions you want to subscribe to. And when you leave on vacation, you can easily "unsubscribe" until you return.
- Security - Questions and replies can be viewed ONLY by LHCA members.
- Confidentiality - Questions and replies can not be forwarded!
How will I be notified of questions and answers posted to the forum?
You have the following options:
- You can subscribe to a question category (General, Health, Life or Annuity) by clicking on the "Subscribe" button at the top of the list of questions. You will then receive an email when a question or answer is posted to that particular category in the forum.
- You can subscribe to a specific question that has been posted by clicking on the "Subscribe" button for that question. Please note that if you subscribe to both a specific question and also to the category in which that question falls, you will receive 2 e-mails - one for the category and one for the question.
- If you prefer to not receive any e-mails, you may subscribe to an "RSS" feed for each of the question categories that you are interested in. This will allow you to check out the questions and replies that have been submitted via your web browser periodically without having to login to the LHCA website. You can do so by clicking on "RSS" that appears in the upper right hand corner of the web page after you login and click on a question category.
How do I "unsubscribe" to stop e-mail notification of questions and answers posted to the forum?
To "unsubscribe" to a category or question, log in to the forum and click on the "Profile" button. From the profile page you will be able to view your subscriptions and unsubscribe to them individually